Poetry by the Iguana, and Other Stories

Many people have unexpected gifts, and the Iguana surprised everyone by telling his view of the galaxy in poetry. Everyone but me, that is. I've always known he speaks in lyrics!

Hi! Zantippy Skiphop here! I tell the tales of my adventures in the galaxy with my friends! Iguana likes to stay in his Earth swamp, so his book got written while I was trapped in an extraterrestrial jail. Don't worry, I escaped, so we are all about to tell you lots more stories!
Love,
Zantippy

Monday, August 27, 2012

Rover Report from Mars!

I've written an update on the rover Curiosity's third week at her new home, Gale Crater, Mars! Please be sure to visit the astronomy zine, Active Astronomy, to keep up with all that's going on at Mars, and really everywhere else in the universe!

The Data from Mars (and Bradbury Landing) Pours In...

by Active Astronomy writer Zantippy Skiphop, Florida, 27 August 2012


Curiosity has finished her prep work and is almost set for her Martian rovings! In the past week, Curiosity has analyzed rocks at two different spots, flexed her arm to get it ready for field geology in the desert, test drove her six wheels, shot neutrons into the ground, and gulped down Martian air.


 Curiosity's landing site has now been officially named Bradbury Landing by NASA after science fiction writer Ray Bradbury, who inspired so many Mars explorers...[Read more...]

3 comments:

Please share your thoughts! If you post anonymously, you are welcome to, but no spam please! Thank you!